|From 11.15.08 – Stevan & Duffy Robbins|
Tonight Jess and I were able to attend the Westmoreland County Youth Network’s 2nd Annual Youth Ministry Appreciation Dinner in Greensburg. We even had the privilege of sitting at the table with Duffy Robbins – national speaker, youth ministry professor, and all-around youth ministry guru.
He shared some great encouragement with our group tonight that I am going to share here. He called these four-points “4 Simple Encouragement Principles” and yet they were extremely powerful to hear tonight:
#1. THE MORNING SICKNESS PRINCIPLE
– The process doesn’t always look like progress
#2. THE DIVINE SURPRISE PRINCIPLE
– God often acts when we don’t expect Him to
#3. THE MIRACLE MATH PRINCIPLE
– God takes negatives and turns them into positives
#4. THE REAL LOVE PRINCIPLE
– A commitment to God can look different between a teen and an adult and yet be as genuine.
– Thinking about the “I Love You” said to a spouse upon engagement vs. saying “I Love You” after 35-years of marriage. Same genuine commitment of love seen differently through the time frame of relationship.